Masala pasta recipe
Masala pasta is a simple pasta recipe with a spicy flavour and reddish texture. Pasta, as we know is an Italian dish, made with durum wheat flour. It has its resemblance with noodles and is famous all around the world. These are available in various shapes and size like bend tubes, helix, butterflies, strings, tubes, strips etc. These days, healthier variations made with whole wheat flour and vegetable puree like tomato, carrot and spinach are also popular. Masala pasta makes use of some of the vegetables like carrot, capsicum, tomato, peas and onion. The use of Garam masala powder and Kasoori methi imparts a unique flavour which goes well with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Have a look at the list of ingredients used and the preparation of Masala pasta recipe.
- 1 cup of Pasta (Farfalle or bow-tie pasta is used)
- 1 medium sized Onion (Chopped to small pieces)
- 1-2 medium sized Tomato
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder
- ¼ cup of chopped Capsicum
- ¼ cup of chopped Carrot
- ¼ cup of Green Peas
- ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of Garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Black pepper powder
- A pinch of Kasuri Methi
- ½ teaspoon of any Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon of Coriander leaves (Chopped)
- Salt for the taste
- 3 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon of Cumin seeds / Jeera
- Heat 4 cups of water in a pan, bring it to a boil and add the pasta. Sprinkle some salt for the taste.
- Cook it for some time (10-12 minutes or as per the time specified in the packet)
- Use a fine strainer and remove the water. Reserve ¼ cup of drained water for later use.
- Boil some water in a pan and place the tomato immersed in it for a minute. If the water is not so hot, boil it for a minute with tomato.
- Take out the tomato and show it to running cold water. Now, peel off its skin and grind it to a coarse mixture.
- Use a low-medium flame and heat some oil in a Kadai or deep frying pan, add the jeera or cumin seeds.
- Now, add the garlic pieces and stir fry it for 30 seconds. Add the onion pieces and fry it to a transparent texture.
- Add the vegetables and some salt, use a medium flame and stir fry it for 2 minutes.
- Pour the tomato coarse mixture, red chilli, garam masala, turmeric powder, kasoori methi and Italian seasoning.
- Fry it till the oil separates and add the chopped capsicum pieces. Fry it for a minute.
- Take the cooked pasta and add it to the vegetable mixture, pour some water we have reserved, to loosen it up.
- Use a ladle and stir it well for a minute and add the black pepper powder.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve it hot.