Red Velvet Cake Recipe – The Devil’s Food
Red Velvet Cake
Red Velvet Cake is a famous American desert recipe made from all purpose flour, icing sugar, almonds and cashews. It is usually made during christmas, valentine’s day, birthday’s etc. Red Velvet Cake relies more on red food coloring than it does on beets. Another reason why food coloring is used to give the cake its signature color is because of the way cocoa is now processed in the United States. The thing is natural coca is fairly acidic. When it is processed, the acid is reduced while creating a rich brown color. It is the acid in the natural cocoa that reacts to the buttermilk creating a reddish hue. Because natural cocoa isn’t as widely available.
Ingredients Of Red Velvet Cake
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- sugar 2 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoon Refined oil
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 egg
- 3 teaspoon buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- edible food color as required
- baking soda as required
- salt as required
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cashews
How To Make Red Velvet Cake
- Mix the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt together. And Keep the mixture aside.
- Mix the sugar and egg in a different bowl. Gently pour the oil in the bowl and beat it well.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk. And then mix well and add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and food colour (red).
- Divide the mixture among 3 round cake pans. And then bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 30-40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the centre and if it comes out clean, the cake is done. Remove it and cool.
- To make the icing for the cake, combine the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the icing sugar and beat it well till it’s smooth. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and almonds to it.
- Spread the frosting between all the layers of the cake, on the sides and on top of the cake. Serve.