Soft and spongy tea cake preparation
This soft and spongy cake has an outer brown colour and a yellowish white texture on the inside.
Tea cake is a simple cake recipe made of minimal ingredients. It would take about 35-45 minutes for the preparation of this traditional tea cake. People who are interested in learning cake preparations can ideally start with this cake variety as it is simple and won’t require any sophisticated ingredients. All purpose flour, sugar, eggs and milk are the essential ingredients used in this recipe. The inclusion of vanilla essence will improve the flavour and the use of eggs would increment its softness. Baking powder is used so that the cake batter would rise up to the desired shape. Let’s have a detailed look at the ingredients used and the preparation of soft and delicious tea cake recipe.
Ingredients used in the preparation of Tea cake
- 2 cups of All purpose flour / Maida
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 100gm or ½ cup of softened butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (if you are using salted butter, this is not required)
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of milk (at room temperature)
Good quality spices, dry fruits, nuts varieties and jackfruit products are available on natureloc.com
Preparation of Tea cake
- Mix the ingredients like All purpose flour, baking powder and salt to a bowl
- Sieve it through a fine sieve to remove the lumps. Keep it aside.
- Cream the sugar and the butter to form a fluffy mixture. Now add the eggs one by one and whisk it well to form a fine solution.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Pour half of the milk and half of the flour, whisk it well. Now, add the remaining milk and the flour, whisk it well so that the ingredients are combined well to form a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Take out the cake tin and grease it with some butter. Pour the batter till half of the tin is filled.
- Select the convection mode and preheat the oven to 180C.
- Once it is ready, place the cake tin inside the oven and bake it for 25-30 minutes.
- Use a skewer or a toothpick at the centre of the cake to check whether the cake is ready.
- Once it is ready transfer the cake to a plate and serve it with a cup of tea.