Sweet and Spicy Dry Grapes Pickle, Raisins Pickle
Dry Grapes Pickle, Raisins Pickle
Dry Grapes Pickle – Pickles made of dried grapes, raisins or Kismis has a unique flavour and is usually served as a side dish for Biriyani. The sweet and sour taste of raisin pickle comes in handy and it goes well with the spicy biriyani flavour. As with the case of any other traditional pickles, it has a brownish red colour with a fine layer of oil floating on pickle surface. The use of chilly powder imparts a reddish colour with a spicy flavour. Jaggery is used for a tinge of sweet taste which combines well with the sourness of tamarind water. Finely chopped green chillies bring in an additional spicy touch. Also, the freshly chopped ginger pieces bring about light spicy warmth with tangy freshness and mellow sweetness. Have a look at the list of ingredients used and the method of preparation of Dried Grapes Pickle, Raisins Pickle.
- ½ kg of Raisins or dried grapes
- 2-3 dried Red chillies
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds
- A Sprig of Curry leaves
- 2-3 finely chopped Green chillies
- 2 tablespoon of crushed Ginger pieces
- ¼ teaspoon of freshly prepared turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon of crushed Garlic pieces
- 4-5 tablespoon of Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 cup of freshly made Tamarind water of medium thickness
- ½ cup of Jaggary
- Salt for the taste
- ½ teaspoon of Fenugreek powder
- Oil for cooking ( ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup of Vinegar
Method of Preparation
- Heat some oil in a pan, add the raisins and stir-fry the raisins. Once it is ready, remove from the oil.
- Now add the mustard seeds to the oil. When it splutters, add the whole dried red chilly and curry leaves.
- Add the sliced green chillies, crushed garlic and ginger pieces.
- Bring the flame to the low state and add the turmeric powder and Kashmiri red chilly powder.
- Roast it well till the raw smell disappears.
- Pour some tamarind water and mix it well with the masala, heat it to boil.
- Now add the jaggery and wait till the gravy becomes thick. Switch off the flame and keep it aside for cooling.
- Take the fried raisins and mix it with the gravy.
- Finally, add the fenugreek powder, vinegar and a pinch of salt. Mix it well.
- The delicious dried grapes pickle is ready, serve it with Biriyani dishes.