Tasty Egg Roast
What is an egg roast? How to make simple egg roast recipe? What are the ingredients used for the preparation of Egg roast?
Egg roast is one of a simple egg recipe popular in Kerala. This breakfast side dish is usually served with some of the dishes like Appam, Idiyappam, Puttu, Chapati etc. It would take about 20-25 minutes for its preparation. Boiled eggs, sliced onion and chilli powder are the essential ingredients used for this recipe. The dark brown or red colour of the recipe is due to the use of red coloured chilli powder. The use of curry leaves would increase the flavour and the aroma. Have a look at the preparation of tasty egg roast recipe.
Ingredients used for the preparation of Egg Roast
- 2 tablespoon of Coconut oil
- A pinch of Mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of Fennel seeds/Perumjeerakam
- 2-3 medium sized Green chillies (slit to two pieces)
- 1-inch ginger piece (chopped to fine pieces)
- 4-5 Garlic cloves (sliced to fine pieces)
- 3 medium sized Onion (sliced to fine pieces)
- 1-2 chopped Tomatoes
- 1½ teaspoon of Chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon of Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon of Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon of Garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Water as per the requirement
- 2-3 boiled Eggs (slit to two pieces or as a whole)
- Salt for the taste
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
Good quality chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, Pepper powder etc are available for sale on natureloc.com
Method of preparation of Egg Roast
- Heat some oil in a pan, when it’s hot, add the mustard seeds and wait for it to splutter.
- Reduce the flame and add the fennel seeds.
- Increase the flame to a medium-high level and add the sliced onion pieces, green chillies, ginger, garlic and the curry leaves. Mix the contents well and reduce the flame to a low.
- When the onion pieces attain a light golden brown colour, add the chilli powder and coriander powder.
- Also, add the pepper powder, turmeric powder and Masala powder.
- Mix all the ingredients and once the raw smell disappears, add the chopped tomato pieces and mix the contents.
- Pour 1/3 cup of water and keep stirring the contents for 4-5 minutes on a low flame.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked and blended well into the mixture, add the curry leaves for an increased flavour.
- Once the ingredients are roasted enough, add the eggs and slowly mix the contents so that the masala will be mixed with the egg.
- Tasty Egg roast is ready and serve it hot with Appam, Idiyappam, Puttu or Chapati