Acidity – Home Remedies – Causes – Symptoms – Foods to avoid and to eat
What is Acidity, how to control and how it is caused ?
The level of acid in substances such as water, soil, or wine. Acidity is generally caused by an imbalance between the mechanism for secretion of acid in the stomach and the protective mechanism that ensures the stomach’s safety. The stomach secretes acidic fluid that helps in digestion. But when the secretion of acid exceeds the normal level, it results in a situation termed as acidity.
Acidity how to control and how it is caused ?
To control acidity problem there are some simple home habits . Before coming to the simple methods to check acidity let us see why acidity is caused.Remember – all stomach pains need not be acidity. It can be due to several reasons,proper diagnosis is important
Acidity causes –
- Empty stomach for a long time or skipping breakfast
- Inefficient digestive system
- Eating junk foods, oily and spicy foods
- Excessive exposure to sun and heat
- Aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Incompatibility of food
- Excess acid secretion
- Excessive smoking and excessive intake of alcohol
- Tension, worries and pressure on mind creates more acid in the stomach.
- Heart burn may be felt in cases of acidity
- Chest pain,Vomiting,,Coughing Dyspepsia,,Belching,Voice change and formation of ulcer in esophagus
Nausea,Pain in the ears,Inflammation in chest,Respiratory problems,Pain during muscular contractions
- Burning sensation or pain in the stomach after one to four hours of a meal,Feel hungry frequently,Constant pain in upper abdomen
Bitter taste in mouth,Loss of appetite
Home remedies to control acidity
- Consume 5-6 basil leaves with 1 cup curd or a glass of buttermilk to reduce acidity.
- Consuming 1 tsp Indian gooseberry (amla) juice mixed with 11 gms of soaked and crushed black currant and ½ a tsp honey also helps to reduce acidity.
- Coriander powder and dry ginger powder mixed in equal quantities, and taking a teaspoon of this mixture reduces acidity.
- Mix powder of 4-5 pepper corns slowly roasted in ghee with 100 ml of milk and a little sugar and then drink it to reduce acidity
- Eating pineapple with sugar and pepper powder also reduces acidity.
- Drinking 3 tbsp white onion juice with 1 tbsp sugar and ½ cup curd helps to reduce acidity.
Foods to avoid Acidity