Curd Oats Recipe, Oats Recipe with Curd
Curd Oats recipe
Curd rice is one of a popular dish from South Indian cuisine. Many of the South Indian homes serve this recipe as a part of everyday meals. Taking some cold curd rice after a spicy meal would give a refreshing experience. The inclusion of oats in curd rice would provide a different flavour which would make it even more tasty and nutritious. Oats, as we know is a nutritious ingredient which is rich in proteins and fibre. It also has an important role to play in this modern world as it is less in cholesterol inducing elements and hence is an important food for those who are looking to reduce weight. Curd oats have a tangy flavour from yoghurt and will surely be a popular recipe among the kids and adults. Even the ones who do not take oats recipes would change their opinion on tasting this delicious dish.
Ingredients for Curd Oats
- 1 cup of Rolled Oats
- 2 cups of Water / Milk
- ¾ cup of Curd
- Salt as per the taste
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon of Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Urad dal
- 1-2 dry red chillies
- ½ of Ginger (chopped to fine pieces)
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- A Sprig of curry leaves
Method of Preparation
- Take a cooking pan and add the oats and water, cook it on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes. It can also be cooked in a microwave for 2 minutes.
- Once the oats are cooked, transfer it to a mixing bowl and keep it aside.
- Take the curd in another bowl and beat it to a smooth state.
- Transfer the curd on top of cooked oats and mix it well.
- Heat some oil in a tempering pan and add some mustard seeds and urad dal. When it splutters, add the dried red chillies and curry leaves. Stir fry the ingredients.
- Now, add the finely chopped green chillies, ginger and asafoetida to the mixture.
- When the tempering is finished, transfer the contents on top of the oats-curd mixture.
- Also, add some salt for the taste and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix it well.
- Garnish it with pomegranate seeds, chopped seedless grapes, chopped cucumber, chopped raw mango pieces, grated carrot or toasted cashews.