Paneer Jardaloo Kofte – Culinary delight
Paneer Jardaloo Kofte – Vegetable recipes
- Cottage cheese – 200 gms grated
- Dried Apricots – 7-8 soaked seeded and chopped
- Potatoes – 2 medium boiled,peeled and grated
- Corn flour – 1 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Grated ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2 chopped tsp
- Salt to taste
- Rice bran oil to deep fry
- Rice bran oil – 2 to 3 tsp
- Onions – 2 medium finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 3 medium roughly chopped
- Cashewnuts – 10-12
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cream – Half cup to garnish
- Garam masala powder – a pinch
- Green Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves – 2 tsp
Paneer Jardaloo Kofte Preparation Method
- Put grated cottage cheese, grated potatoes,corn flour,green chilly,ginger,lemon juice,coriander leaves and salt in a large bowl and mix to a smooth mixture.
- Grease your palms with oil and divide mixture into six to eight equal portions and roll them into balls.
- Press each ball slightly between you palm to flatten,place some chopped apricots in the centre,bring in the edges and seal.
- Shape them into balls again,
- Heat sufficient rice brain oil in a deep pan over medium flame, slide in three to four balls at a time and deep-fry till golden and crisp.
- Drain on an absorbent paper
- To make the gravy,heat rice bran oil in a pan,add onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and saute till pulpy.
- Add cashewnuts, ginger-garlic paste,turmeric powder,coriander powder and red chilli powder and saute well.
- Add salt and mix well
- Transfer this mixture into a mixture jar and grind to a paste with a little water.
- Transfer the gravy into a pan and cook for four to five minutes.
- Add cream,garam masala powder cardamom powder and mix well.
- Place the koftas in a serving bowl and pour the gravy over them
- Garnish with some cream and coriander leaves serve hot