Preparation of fruit salad with custard sauce
Fruits salad along with custard sauce is known to have a delicious and sweet taste.
Refrigerate the sliced and chopped mixture of fruits to form a cold, delicious and sweet fruit salad. Different types of fruits can be used for making fruits salad. Vanilla essence is added to have good taste and smell. Fruits like grapes, apple, pineapple, grapes, strawberry, banana, orange and mango ec can be used for making this recipe. Cook some dates and pineapple slices in sugar syrup and add this to the syrup to get a distinguished and lovely flavour. It takes about 25 -30 minutes for making this recipe. The fruits are sliced and mixed together to give a unique texture.
Ingredients for making the fruits salad
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 tablespoon of custard powder (preferably vanilla custard powder)
- 1 apple, sliced to small pieces
- 1 orange, sliced to pieces
- 1 cup of sliced and cubed pineapple
- 6-7 chopped or sliced dates
- ½ cup of sliced and cubed mangoes
- 1 small banana, sliced to small pieces
- 1/4 cup of glazed cherries and chopped or sliced cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup of water
- 5 tablespoon of sugar
Method of preparation
- Mix the custard powder to 1/4 cup of milk and keep it aside.
- Heat the rest of the milk in a pan with 2½ tablespoon of sugar. Slowly pour the custard mixture and continue the heating. Continue this to about 6-7 minutes so that we get a thick solution.
- Turn off the heat and keep it aside for cooling. Then keep it for refrigeration
- Heat 1/4 cup of water along with 2½ tablespoon of sugar for about 4-5 minutes until the syrup becomes slightly thick.
- Remove it from the heat. Add some pineapples and dates pieces to the hot syrup and mix it well.
- Once it cools keep it for refrigeration
- An hour before serving mix all fruits with the pineapple and date mixture and keep for refrigeration.
- When you serve, take 1/2 cup of fruit mixture to a bowl and top it with 1/2 cup of custard sauce.