Raw mango chutney or Pacha Manga Chammanthi
Traditional Raw mango chutney or Pacha Manga Chammanthi
Raw mango chutney with grated coconut or Pacha Manga Chammanthi is a one of traditional dish from Kerala cuisine. Peeled and sliced mango pieces, freshly grated coconut, shallots and green chillies are the essential ingredients used in this recipe. It’s one an easy recipe and would require only 10 minutes for its preparation. The use of green chillies can be substituted with kanthari mulaku or Bird’s eye chili. This spicy coconut chutney goes well with hot rice or rice porridge with roasted papad. Have a look at the list of ingredients used and the preparation of this tangy and spicy chutney dish.
Ingredients used in Pacha Manga Chammanthi or Raw mango chutney
- 1 medium sized mango (peeled and sliced to small pieces)
- ¾ – 1 cup of grated coconut
- 3-4 green chillies or Bird’s eye chili / Kanthari Mulaku
- 2-3 curry leaves (optional)
- 3-4 shallots
- Salt for the taste
Preparation of Pacha Manga Chammanthi or Raw mango chutney
- Wash the mango and peel off its skin, slice it into medium sized pieces and discard the seed.
- Add all the ingredients into a grinder and sprinkle some salt for the taste.
- Close the lid and coarsely grind the mixture to form spicy Pacha Manga Chammanthi or Raw mango chutney
- When it is ready, transfer it to a bowl and serve it as a side dish for hot rice or rice porridge.