How to make Sharjah shake or Banana milkshake?
Sharjah shake is the very common banana milkshake variety readily available in the bakeries, juice shops and ice-cream parlors across Kerala.
Sharjah shake has gained its popularity from early 1990’s and since then, its been one of the most common milkshake variety in Kerala. Ripe bananas and frozen milk were the essential ingredients for making this recipe. The use of sugar imparts a sweet flavour. Addition of Horlicks, Boost or Bournvita gives a unique mouth watering taste. Addition of salted peanuts and instant coffee powder increases the flavour and thickness. It has a light brown colour and holds lots of sweet memories of school and college days for many of us. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of Sharjah shake.
Ingredients used for making Sharjah Shake
- 3-4 small bananas ( Nadan njalipoovan, poovan pazham or Kadali variants can also be used)
- 250 ml of frozen milk
- 1 tablespoon of salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of Boost/Horlicks/Bournvita
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar for the taste
- A pinch of instant coffee powder
- 4-5 cashew nuts.
Top quality dry fruits, nuts varieties, spices, jackfruit products are available for sale on natureloc.com
Method of preparation of Sharjah shake
- Keep the milk packet in the freezer for about 2-3 hours.
- Take the bananas and peel off its skin.
- Slice the bananas into medium sized pieces and keep it aside.
- Take out the frozen milk packet and mash it to several pieces.
- To a juicer, add these mashed frozen milk pieces, sliced banana pieces and peanuts. Grind it well to form a semi thick solution.
- Add coffee powder, Horlicks, sugar etc and grind it for few seconds.
- Add the remaining milk pieces if any and grind it well.
- Pour this into two serving glass and garnish it with sliced small banana pieces.
- Also, sprinkle few teaspoons of Boost/Horlicks/Bournvita.
- You can also sprinkle few cashew nuts and a scoop of ice cream on top. (Optional)
- Sweet and yummy Sharjah shake is ready.