Simple Akki rotti recipe
Akki rotti is one of a very popular traditional breakfast recipe from Karnataka.
In native language, akki rotti means rice pancake. Akki rotti has a bland flavour, but it combines well with spicy coconut chutneys and tomato kara chutney. There are many ways for the preparation of this delicious recipe. Grated carrot, capsicum, dill leaves, cucumber, onion and methi leaves can be used for making this breakfast recipe. Traditionally, simple akki rotti preparations make use of rice flour, water and salt. Have a look at the method of preparation of simple and soft akki rotti.
Ingredients required for making simple Akki rotti
- 1/2 cup of rice flour + 1/4 cup for dusting
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of water or as per your requirement
Good quality spices, nuts varieties, dry fruits, jackfruit products etc are available for sale on natureloc.com
Preparation of Akki rotti
- Take the rice flour in a bowl and sieve it through a fine sieve.
- Heat ¼ cup of water in a boiling pan and heat it to a boil.
- Sprinkle some salt, mix it thoroughly so that the salt gets evenly mixed with the flour.
- Add the hot water little by little and mix the flour to form a soft dough. The dough should not be too watery or too dry.
- Divide the dough into equal sized portions, take each of these portions and roll it to form round shaped balls.
- Dip each of these dough balls in some rice flour and roll it using a rolling pin to form circular shaped thin pancakes or rotis.
- Now, heat a tawa in a medium flame and place the prepared roti for cooking.
- When bubbles are formed on top of the roti, turn it upside to cook the other side.
- Once it is cooked, few brown spots will be visible on either side of the roti.
- Transfer the roti to a plate and serve this soft and delicious akki roti with green gram fry and coconut chutney.