Njerinjil-Nerinjil (Puncture Vine) – An effective herb for elimination of urinary stones
Njerinjil is a tap rooted herbaceous perennial plant that grows as a summer annual in colder climates.A mat-forming summer annual, with 1 1/2-5 foot long stems radiating out in all directions from the root crown. Stems are green to orange-brown, with leaves arranged opposite each other on the stem. Each leaf consists of four to eight pairs of oval-shaped leaflets, also arranged opposite each other on the leaf stalk. Leaflets typically measure 1/2 inch long and 3/16 inch wide.
Stems and leaves are covered with tiny hairs. Single, bright yellow flowers are borne on short stalks in leaf axils. Flowers have five petals and are 1/3 – 1/2 inch in diameter. Each flower produces a green, spiny five-rayed fruit that turns brown and woody with maturity, splitting into five separate, wedge-shaped seedpods. Each seedpod contains two to five seeds, and has two prominent, sharp spines about 1/3 inch long, which protrude outward at wide angles from each other.
- Botanical Name : Tribulus Terrestris
- Family : Zygophyllaceae (Caltrop family)
- Classical Name : Gokshura
- Sanskrit Name : Gokshuru, Gokantaka, Bahukantaka, Shadanga, Vanasringataka,Trikantaka
- Hindi Name : Gokharu
- Malayalam : Njerinjil, Nerinjil,Njerinjil, Mulluringi
- English Name : Puncture Vine,Bullhead, Caltrop, Cat´s-Head, Devil´s-Thorn, Devil´s-Weed,Goats Head, Land caltrops, Puncture Vine, Tribulus.
Njerinjil-Nerinjil (Puncture Vine) medicinal values
Improves sex drive. It eases menopausal symptoms. Stimulates production of and balances male and female hormones. It enhances the immune system. Helps build muscles and increase stamina and endurance. It has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory actions. It is useful as a general tonic and revitalizer for the liver, kidneys and urinary tract.
How does this small herb provide positive effects against urinary problems
According to the respondents the seed infusion of Njerinjil (Tribulus terrestris L.) is effective for elimination of urinary stones.
Ayurveda researchers are also reported the ethnobotanical use of seed infusion for the treatment of kidney stones.Use of fruits and roots decoction thrice a day for a week in case of stone problem in both urinary tracts and kidneys. The roots and fruits of Tribulus terrestris L. are reported to be sweet, cooling, diuretic, expectorant, lithontriptic and are useful in renal and vesical calculi, strangury, dysuria and vitiated conditions of vata and pitta. The whole plant of Njerinjil is used for seminal weakness, urinary retention, kidney stone flatulence and fever
Buy Ayurvedic Herbs Crushed,Powdered and Ayurvedic Medicines Oils,Kuzhampu,Choornam,Lehyam etc., from NatureLoC.com Buy Now
Nerunjil (Njerinjil) – herbal home remedies for kidney stone
- Make powder of dry fruit of Njerinjil(Tribulus terrestris) and boil 30 gm of it in 300ml water and make it to 150 ml took it in morning and prepare in the same way and take that on evening cure kidney stone.
- Take one large spoon barley powder and one spoon Njerinjil powder and boil with one cup water .
- To prevent frequent urinary tract infections during summer, Ayurveda recommends boiling and drink water, to which the medicinal plant leaves Njerinjil (Gokshura) is added. Gokshura is a creeper, which is effective against urogenital ailments, including bladder infections, and kidney stones.
- To prevent fluid retention in the body, Ayurveda suggests drinking water boiled by adding Thazhuthama (Boerrhavia diffusa) root and Njerinjil (Gokshura). The Thazhuthama roots also have diuretic, laxative and expectorant properties.
- Powder equal portions of Ashwagandha, Njerinjil and Shatavari, and add 5gms of this powder to lukewarm water, and drink thrice a day regularly.
- Powdered Njerinjil can be added to Shatavari water and consumed regularly.
- Add a pinch of Njerinjil powder to a teaspoon of honey and consume at bed time.
- Powdered Njerinjil and barley powder to lukewarm water and drink thrice a day regularly