Navara rice or Njavara rice baby food – For low weight babies
Njavara is the indigenous race of rice with 2 forms, black and golden of which black seems to be more good than golden.Navara – a medicinal rice, is one of the native genetic resources of Kerala, famed for its use in Ayurveda. Njavara rice has got many health benefits.
For babies – Njavara rice food can increase babies weight . This is a natural energizer and safe weaning food for babies .This medicinal rice is used for the treatment of many diseases,Navarakizhi or Njavarakizhi is a specialty treatment from Kerala traditional ayurvedic medicine
Have a look at ingredients used and the method of preparation of Navara rice or Njavara rice baby food
How to prepare navara or Njavara rice powder
- Njavara or Navara rice – 250 gm
Soak this rice in water for 3o minutes. Drain water completely and powder the rice
Dry it moisture free. This can be done by gently heating the powder for a few minutes or drying the powder in sunlight.
Keep aside the rice powder for regular use
Preparation method of navara rice baby food
- Navara rice powder – 2 or 3 spoon (15gm)
- Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Milk -100ml
- Mix navara rice powder with water without lumps.
- Add milk and jaggery syrup and mix them well
- Once the mixture starts boiling, keep the flame on low and continue heating till the mixture becomes semi-solid.
- Cool the baby food before feeding the baby.
- The method mentioned above is one of the traditional methods used in Kerala to prepare baby food.