Banana Powder – Kerala Nendran Banana Powder (Ethakka Podi)
Banana Powder – Natural Banana Powder (Ethakka Podi) an ideal and nutritious food for babies
Mothers are always concerned of finding the purest and healthiest food for their babies. They strive to choose the natural food that doesn’t have any negative effects on the baby. Your baby always deserves the best and you must not compromise in the quality of food you choose. Ethakaya podi is a suitable choice due to its nutritious value and taste. It is an easily digestible food for the babies.
How to prepare Kerala banana flour? supplementary food recipes for infants
- The fresh raw bananas thoroughly washed with water to remove impurities such as surface dirt, dusts or any other foreign particles.
- Pick the unripe nenthran kaya or plantains for making banana powder.
- Peel them and wash water to remove stickiness
- Cut them into very thin slices
- These slices have to be sun dried (about 6 to7 days depending upon the intensity of sun). To get raw banana is difficult try dehydrated or sun dried natural raw bananas available online.
How to use raw banana flour (pacha ethakaya podi) for babies?
Use banana powder to make porridge with ghee and feed to baby. Here is the recipe of how to make banana porridge for kids and babies
Preparation of Raw banana flour ethakka podi porridge
- The main ingredients – Raw Banana powder – Ethakka podi (for sugar karuppetty liquid or palm sugar or jaggery) and ghee
- 2 tablespoon banana powder (Mix this raw banana powder with water or milk (1cup) until it dissolves.
Heat this mixture on low flame stiring continuously.
- Its starts cooking add karuppetty liquid or palm sugar or jaggery to it
Off the heat and add 1 or 1/2 tsp ghee and transfer to feeding bottle and feed your baby