Fried Prawns Recipe – How To Make Crispy Kerala Fried Prawns
Fried Prawns is a simple yet very luscious dish made with prawns marinated in a very simple battered paste and deep fried until golden in color.
The dish unearths the richness of the ‘land down under’, its marvelous seafood and its beautiful spices. Juicy prawns fried crisp in coconut oil, spluttering mustard seeds, crackling curry leaves, turmeric, fiery chillies and a drop of lemon.
Prawn fry is considered to be the signature dish of Kerala. Fresh prawns fried crisp in coconut oil, with the aroma of mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric and chillies.
Dried Prawns are sun-dried and shrunk to a thumbnail size. They are used in many Asian cuisines, imparting a unique taste. A handful of shrimp is generally used for dishes. Used in curries, soup’s and various Indian recipies. It is also considered as best aquarium fish food.
- Servings: 4
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Fresh Prawns – 200 gm
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 10 no.
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped red chillies – 1 tsp
- Small onion – 1 no.
- Lemon – 1 no.
- Coriander – Few bunch
- Take a saucepan, add prawns and some turmeric, pepper, salt and water.
- Cook for 2-3 mins till the outer layer turns crispy. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, put coconut oil, and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, turmeric, salt, pepper and red chilli powder. Fry the masala.
- To the masala, add prawns and let them fry until golden brown color. Keep it aside.
- For the garnish, in the same pan take some oil, add onion rings and some chopped red chillies.
- Serve: Garnish the prawns with onion and chilli mix, lemon juice and top it with coriander.