Hot, fresh and salty, Homemade French Fries
Hot, fresh and salty French fries is one of the most popular snack or starter recipe made from potatoes.
Tasty and crispy French fries have a light yellowish brown colour. Deep fried French fries are considered to be more tasty than the ones prepared using oven. Each one is crispy on the outside and soft inside. The chilly powder imparts a spicy flavour and reddish brown colour. Crispy fried French fries and tomato ketchup are one of a commonly used recipe combination. Hot fries are generally served as a part of lunch, dinner or as a snack. Have a look at the ingredients required and the method of preparation of French fries.
Ingredients required for making French fries
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes
- A pinch of chilli powder
- Salt for taste
- Water as per the requirement
- Cooking oil for deep frying
Method of preparation of French fries
- Peel off the skin and wash the potatoes in clean water.
- Take out each potato and slice it into circular shaped pieces.
- Slice these circular shaped pieces into elongated cubed potato pieces.
- Heat some water in a pan and add some salt. Once the water starts to boil, add the sliced potato pieces and cook it to a semi soft stage.
- Semi-cooked pieces shouldn’t be soft and they should not fall apart.
- Once it is ready, take out the potato pieces from the water and keep it on a clean cloth to drain off the water.
- Once it cools to the room temperature, put these pieces in a plastic cover and keep in the refrigerator (freezer) for about six hours.
- After six hours, take out the semi-cooked potato pieces from the refrigerator and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, once the oil is hot, add the potato pieces.
- Deep fry the potato pieces and once it is fried to a crispy yellowish brown texture, take it out from the pan and drain the excess oil on new/dry paper towels.
- Once it loses the excess oil, transfer it into a serving plate and sprinkle some salt and chilli powder as per the taste.
- French fries is ready and serve it hot with tomato ketchup as a snack or as part of lunch or dinner.