How to make Caramel custard pudding?
Caramel custard pudding is a dessert recipe favourite to all ages. The use of caramel gives a brown colour and a sweet taste.
Delicious caramel custard pudding preparation is easy and it would take 1 hour for the making this recipe. Milk, sugar, egg and vanilla extract are the essential ingredients used for the preparation of this dish. Caramel is prepared by heating some sugar in a pan along with small quantity of water. The caramel is of brown colour and a sweet taste. Once it is prepared, the recipe is kept for cooling in a refrigerator. The cooled caramel custard pudding has a unique taste and a distinct flavour. Have a look at the ingredients required and the method of preparation of caramel custard pudding.
Ingredients required for making caramel custard pudding
- 1/2 litre of milk
- 50 grams of sugar for making the pudding + 3 tablespoons of sugar for making the caramel.
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon of water.
Method of preparation of caramel custard pudding
- For the preparation of caramel, heat 3 tablespoon of sugar in a nonstick pan along with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Swirl the pan so that the sugar melts to form a solution. Boil it to form a golden brown coloured solution.
- Do not stir the solution and once the caramel is ready, transfer it to a baking pan and spread it evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 190 Degree Celsius (375 Degree F.)
- Now, in order to make the pudding, take the beaten eggs in a bowl.
- Add the remaining sugar and the vanilla essence. Wisk the mixture to form a tight and fluffy solution.
- Pour in the milk and thoroughly mix the solution. Sieve this through a fine sieve.
- Slowly pour the sieved milk solution over the caramel solution.
- Take out a bigger baking pan and fill it up with half of water. Place the caramel pan inside this bigger pan and keep it for baking in a preheated oven.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes. Once it is ready, take it out from the oven and keep aside for cooling
- Once it cools to the room temperature, keep it in refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- When it’s cooled for 3 hours, take out from the fridge and release the sides of pudding with a knife.
- Place a serving plate over the pan and carefully invert the pan. Carefully tap the sides of the inverted pan and lift it away.
- Cold and delicious caramel custard pudding will be left in the serving plate. Serve it cold.