Preparation of soft and spicy instant ragi dosa or finger millet dosa
Instant ragi dosa or finger millet dosa is a delicate dish which can be served with coconut chutney and Sambar.
Ragi dosa or finger millet dosa is an instant breakfast recipe which can be prepared in about 15 minutes. Finger millet is known as Ragi in Hindi and Kezhvaragu in Tamil. It is rich in calcium, fiber, iron and proteins. It can be used as an important food for diabetic patients. Ragi dosa can be prepared in three different ways. The first one involves a mixture of Urad dal and ragi flour. The second one is the instant finger millet dosa and the third one involves ragi flour and the left over idli batter. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of instant Ragi or Finger millet dosa.
Ingredients used for instant Ragi dosa or Finger millet dosa
- ½ cup of Ragi flour/ Finger millet flour
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt for the taste
- 1-2 sliced green chillies
- Oil for the preparation of dosa
- The use of some rice flour can add up the softness.
Good quality ragi or finger millet and other millet varieties are available for sale on natureloc.com
Method of preparation of instant Ragi dosa or Finger millet dosa
- Take the ragi flour in a mixing bowl. Pour some hot water mix it thoroughly to form a thin, smooth batter with no lumps.
- Add the onion pieces, sliced green chillies, coriander leaves and some salt for the taste.
- Now, heat the dosa pan or tawa, using a ladle pour the batter from the corners of the tawa. Like normal dosa, this cannot be spread with the ladle.
- Drizzle some oil (1 teaspoon) around the dosa. It would take some time to get cooked.
- Flip it over, so that the other side also gets cooked.
- When it is ready, take the dosa from the pan and serve it hot with coconut chutney or Sambar.