Jackfruit Pizza Recipe – The Day I Tasted The Jackfruit Pizza In Iceland !
I’ve been on vacation in Kirkjufell, Iceland since last week and as I settled into the calm and peace of downtime with Benji (my dog; a beagle). I took out my MacBook Pro and went through my mails. The time away has been restorative and rejuvenating. After feeling like a frazzled ball of stress for the past month or so, I finally feel like myself again.
Buy Kerala Natural Green Jackfruit Flour Online
We’ve spent the last two days hiking the majestic Kirkjufell mountain, and I’ve never been more grateful for vacation. If you haven’t been to Iceland and you have the chance to go, I cannot recommend it more. It’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen, and everyone we’ve met has been refreshingly kind. This mountain is shown in the famous TV series The Game of Thrones, I think you must be aware of that by now.
Buy Jackfruit Seed Flour Online
While I was in Iceland, I was craving badly for pizza’s. After thoroughly scrutinizing the streets of Reykjavik, I finally found this small shop down the street. And I was left totally flabbergasted, when on the menu, I found Jackfruit Pizza. The tantalizing fragrance of fried jacfruit pieces left me totally awestruck. After finishing, I called upon the waiter and said in Icelandic, “Afsakið mig! geturðu sagt mér uppskrift þessa pizza” (Exuse me! can you tell me the recipe for this pizza). The waiter then called their chef and he was so kind enough to share with me the Jackfruit Pizza recipe.
Buy Dehydrated Jackfruit Seeds Online
Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
For BBQ Jackfruit
- Green raw jackfruit – 500 g
- Coconut sugar – 1 tbsp
- Chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin – 1/4 tsp
- Cayenne pepper – 1/8 tsp
- Barbecue sauce of choice – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
Buy Raw Jackfruit Slices Online
- Pizza dough – 350 g
- Olive oil for brushing
- Barbecue sauce – 2 tbsp
- Onion (peeled and sliced very thinly in rounds) – 1
- Cilantro (stems removed) – 1/4 cup
Jackfruit Pickle Recipe Homemade Kerala Green Chakka Kathal Achaar
For BBQ Jackfruit
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit using a colander.
- Cut the jackfruit core from the flesh and throw it. You will be left with the stringy portion of the jackfruit.
- Mix coconut sugar, chilli powder, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Now, add the jackfruit flesh in the mixture.
- Add the seasoned jackfruit in a large skillet. Heat it in medium flame. Saute it for at least about 3-5 mins.
- Mix together barbecue sauce and water in a small bowl.
- Pour this mixture, over the seasoned jackfruit. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 mins or until tender, while occasionally stirring.
- Remove the lid from skillet. Shred the jackfruit using fork. Simmer for 5 mins until the barbecue sauce is reduced.
Jackfruit Payasam Recipe | Easy Homemade Chakka Payasam Recipe
- Heat the grill over a high flame.
- Roll out your pizza dough to the desired shape and size in a clean surface.
- Transfer the pizza dough to a moveable cutting board and with 1 tbsp olive oil brush the top.
- Meanwhile, reduce the flame to medium once the grill becomes hot.
- Flip the dough onto the grill and close the grill lid.
- Cook for 2-5 mins until the bottom is golden brown.
- Once flipped, brush the top of the pizza with the 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and spread the jackfruit over the pizza.
- Top with as much of the sliced onion as desired.
- Close the grill lid and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes or until the bottom of the pizza has golden-brown grill marks.
- Carefully transfer the pizza back to the cutting board. Slice and serve immediately.