Soft and chewy Walnut cookies with honey
Walnut cookies with honey
Walnut cookies are a soft and chewy snack with a sweet taste. Whole wheat flour, vanilla essence, walnuts and baking powder are the essential ingredients used for its preparation. Sugar is used for a sweet flavour and the inclusion of honey gives away a soft and chewy nature. Walnuts are used for a nutty flavour and would combine well with other ingredients. Baking powder and baking soda are used so as to get the desired shapes. Have a look at the ingredients used and the preparation of Walnut cookies with honey.
Ingredients used for Walnut cookies
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour or Atta
- ½ cup of walnut
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Salt for the taste (¼ teaspoon)
Method of preparation of walnut cookies
- Take out a baking tray and keep a foil on the base. Spray some oil on top.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degree F or 180 degree C.
- Mix the ingredients like wheat flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda and some salt in a mixing bowl. Mix it well.
- Take another bowl and mix the ingredients like oil, honey and the vanilla essence.
- Pour this solution to the flour mixture and mix it well to form a smooth dough.
- Now, add the chopped walnut pieces and mix it well.
- Take out some portion of the dough and roll it into a round shaped ball. Press it to a cookies shape and place on the foil-lined baking tray.
- Continue the above process till the whole of the batter is made in the shape of cookies.
- Keep the tray in the oven and bake it for 15 minutes.
- Take off the cookies from the oven and keep it aside for cooling.
- Once it is cooled, serve it with a glass of tea or milk.