Sweet and delicious jackfruit muffins
Sweet and delicious muffins can be prepared using good quality ripe jackfruits and all purpose flour or Maida. You can also make use of dehydrated ripe jackfruits. It should be rehydrated by dipping it in water for about 10 minutes. Sugar is used for a sweet taste. It would take about 40 minutes for the preparation of jackfruit muffins. The use of battered eggs would increase the softness. Small quantities of vanilla extract is used for a delicious flavour. Little amount of honey is also used for a sweet delicacy. Kids would love this recipe as it can be served as an evening snack along with a glass of tea or coffee. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of Jackfruit muffins.
Ingredients used for the preparation of Jackfruit Muffins
- 1 cup of jackfruit pulp
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour or Maida
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
High-quality natural spices, dry fruits, nuts varieties, jackfruit products etc are available for sale on natureloc.com
Method of preparation of Jackfruit Muffins
- Mash the ripe jackfruit to form jackfruit pulp.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl and add the milk, egg, oil, honey and vanilla extract.
- Whisk it thoroughly to get a blended solution. Keep it aside.
- Sieve the all purpose flour through a fine sieve and add baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Preheat the oven to a 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Add the blended mixture of milk and jackfruit pulp, only till the dry ingredients get moisture.
- Immediately fill the muffin pans or muffin cup liners with the above mixture, till they are 1/2 or 2/3 full.
- Bake it in an oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, for about 20 to 23 minutes.
(To check whether the muffin is ready, insert a toothpick to the centre of the muffin and if it comes out clean, then we can conclude that the muffin is ready)
- Let it cool for some time and serve it with tea or coffee.