Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti or Lady’s finger stir fry
Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti or lady’s finger stir fry is a tasty side dish for rice. This dish is normally served with rice along with gravy dishes.
Vendakka mezhukkupuratti is a commonly prepared stir-fry recipe. Deep frying pan is used for making this recipe. Thinly sliced coconut pieces are also added for the taste. Pepper and green chillies are used for a spicy flavour. About 20 minutes are required for making this recipe. The use of coconut oil imparts a delicate taste. A pinch of turmeric powder is also added for the taste. This will also impart a slight yellow colour to this recipe. Lady’s finger can be sliced in two different ways. It can be sliced vertically or horizontally to small pieces. Have a look at the ingredients required and the method of preparation of Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti or lady’s finger stir fry.
Ingredients required for making Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti or Lady’s finger stir fry
- 10-13 lady’s finger (sliced to small pieces)
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced coconut
- 1 teaspoon of pepper powder.
- 1 medium sized onion (sliced to small pieces)
- 1 sprig of curry leaves
- A pinch of turmeric powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- Salt (as per your requirement)
High-quality spices are available for sale on natureloc.com
Method of preparation
- Wash the lady’s fingers in running water and slice it to small pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a deep frying pan. Once the oil is heated add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to splutter, add the sliced onion pieces and thinly sliced coconut pieces.
- Saute the onion till it attains a golden brown colour.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder, mix it very well. (optinal)
- Add the lady’s finger pieces, curry leaves and salt. Mix it very well and keep the flame to a low medium range.
- Cover the lid of the cooking vessel and cook it for 6 to 8 minutes. In between open the lid and stir the mixture so that it won’t be over fried.
- To make it dry add 1/2 teaspoon of oil and continue the cooking for 3 more minutes. Stir it occasionally. Taste the salt and if required, add the salt as per your requirement.
- Once it is ready, remove from the flame and serve it with rice.