10 Ancient Indian Beauty Secrets Every Women Must Know Right Away !!
Indian Beauty Secrets
Indian Beauty Secrets: Are you by any chance looking for ‘chemical-free’ and highly effective beauty secrets that can work wonders overnight? Are you fed up of buying those artificial cosmetics scampering across TV advertisements? Then you have come to the right place. India is known for its natural beauty. And the following are ten Indian Beauty Secrets which come from the very laps of mother nature. They have no side effects and they give you no false promises. All they do is give you more than what you want, faster than you would have ever expected. Unbelievable? Read and try out yourself! Here are 10 incredible Ancient Indian Beauty Secrets that every modern women must know.
10 Indian Beauty Secrets
Given are 10 Indian Beauty Secrets below:-
This is probably the king of all the other beauty ingredients you have out there. A sacred plant, each and every part of neem tree is beneficial in some or the other way. Neem tree is well known not only for its medicinal properties but also for taking care of environmental issues. Neem leaves stimulates the immune system, liver functionality, detoxifies the blood and promotes a healthy respiratory and digestive system. Furthermore, neem leaves extract, absorbs and eliminates virus. It is an effective blood cleanser and drinking neem infused boiled water controls high blood sugar. Consuming leaves also suppresses cancer cells.
Can Treat Acne
- Take a few neem leaves and boil them in water.
- Dip a cotton ball into the water and then evenly rub it over your face.
- You can also use a neem-yogurt or neem-cucumber facepack to reduce oiliness of your face.
Can Treat Dry Skin
- Take little amount of neem powder and add a few drops of grape seed oil.
- Apply this paste to your face and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
Can Take Care Of Hair Troubles
- Massage your hair roots with neem oil.
- For controlling dandruff, mix some neem powder with water and apply to your hair. Leave it for one hour and then shampoo your hair.
This might be one of the most expensive spices. But believe me, it is totally worth it. Saffron is known widely to improve one’s complexion. Saffron is a spice derived from the flower of Crocus sativus. The vivid crimson stigmas and styles, called threads, are collected and dried to be used mainly as a seasoning and colouring agent in food. Long among the world’s most costly spices by weight, was probably first cultivated in or near Greece. It is a small, bulbous, perennial spice, a member of the lily family. To produce, the stigmas [the part of the flower which catches pollen] must be painstakingly handpicked, cut from the white style and then carefully laid on a sieve and cured over heat to deepen the flavor.
Can Help Remove Tan
- Take some saffron and soak it in malai or milk cream overnight.
- Blend the contents in the morning and apply on the tanned area.
Can Help Tone The Skin
- Take required amount of rose water and mix saffron in it (till the rose water gets the colour of saffron).
- Use a cotton ball to dip in the solution and dab on your face.
Can Help Brighten The Skin
- Take a few strands of saffron and soak them in milk for about 30 minutes.
- Take a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and add to the mixture.
- Apply the pack on your face and leave it undisturbed for 15-20 minutes. And then wash it off.
Honey is a sweet, thick liquid made by honeybees. It is a pure, unfiltered and unpasteurized sweetener made by bees from the nectar of flowers. The bees swarm their environment and collect the sugar-rich nectar of flowers. Then inside the beehive, they repeatedly consume, digest and vomit the nectar. The end product is honey, a liquid that is supposed to serve as stored food for the bees. The smell, color and taste depend on the types of flowers the bees visit. Most of the it consumed today is processed one that’s been heated & filtered since it was gathered from the hive. Unlike processed, raw one does not get robbed of its incredible nutritional value and health powers.
Can Cure Burn Scars
- You can apply raw honey to a burn scar, as honey has antiseptic and healing properties.
- Applying honey on a burn regularly can produce less scarring than usual.
Can Give A Flawless Skin
- Mix honey with malai, chandan, besan and rose oil to form a face mask.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck.
- Leave the mask to dry and peel it off after sometime. This removes any impurities on the face and also makes the facial skin soft and smooth.
Amla is one of the most natural medicines used in Ayurveda and is recommended by many health practitioners as a tonic for lifestyle ailments such as for skin and hair, amla powder is used for weight loss etc. It is loaded with many health benefit properties and can be consumed in various forms. This sour tasting fruit is generally consumed fresh or also as a sweetened and preserved product known as amla honey. An excellent source of vitamin C and minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus and chromium. Also known as gooseberry, amla is a rich source of vitamin C.
Can Help Reduce Hair Fall
- Take 2 teaspoons of amla powder or juice.
- Squeeze an equal amount of juice from a fresh lime.
- Mix well and apply to the scalp.
- Leave it to dry and rinse with warm water.
Can Help Nourish Hair
- Take amla, soapnut (reetha) and shikakai in an iron vessel and boil.
- Keep it aside overnight.
- Next day strain the liquid and shampoo with it.
5. Multani Mitti
Also known as Fuller’s Earth, multani mitti is one of the best ancient beauty secrets. It is known as natural scrubber and cleanser. The one ingredient you can find almost in all homes. It has been used to remove skin related issues and achieve a clean, nourished, acne-free skin. It is a great agent to clean, exfoliate and also nourish your skin. Due to the active elements which effectively absorbs oil, dirt, sweat and impurities leaving your skin clean and soft. You can use this ingredient with various other ingredients to suit your different skin types. Below are 10 Multani Mitti Skin Benefits on why you should use this magical product.
Can Help Remove Pimple Marks
- Take required amount of multani mitti and mix it with some fresh tomato juice.
- To this, add a pinch of turmeric and sandalwood powder and apply on your face.
Can Help Remove Dark Spots
- Add some mint leaves and yogurt to multani mitti.
- Mix to form a paste.
- Apply it on the dark spots.
- Leave it for half an hour and then rinse with lukewarm water.
This ingredient is undoubtedly indispensable in Indian culture. It is a spice that comes from the turmeric plant. The curcumin in turmeric has been credited with most of its anti-diabetic effects. It was found to lower blood glucose levels and even fight inflammation – which is one severe effect of diabetes. A study in 2013 showed how curcumin could lower the glucose levels & help improve other diabetes-related conditions. Even turmeric extracts (often found in pharmacies) were found to make diabetes more manageable. And they also prevented other diabetes-related complications like nerve damage and cataracts.
Can Reduce Stretch Marks
- Mix turmeric with besan and yogurt.
- Apply on the stretch marks.
- The properties in turmeric help lighten the stretch marks.
Can Reduce Wrinkles
- Take rice powder, raw milk and tomato juice.
- Mix them with turmeric to form a paste.
- Apply the paste and leave it undisturbed till it dries.
Can Treat Cracked Heels
- Mix coconut oil or castor oil with turmeric.
- Before taking bath apply this mixture to the cracked heels and leave for 15 minutes.
Though a bit expensive, sandalwood possesses antiseptic properties and even helps in the blood circulation under the skin. Sandalwood (Chandan) is considered to be a sacred in Hindu religion and culture. It holds a vital position in several religions and cultures like Jainism, Buddhism, Sufism, Zoroastrianism, Chinese, Japanese and Korean. It is heavy, yellow and fine grained which retains its fragrance for decades. The slow growing trees are of high value and it is the second most expensive wood in the world. So which is the first ? Sandalwood is often used as a base in incense sticks, aftershave, perfumes, cosmetics etc.
Can Give You Clear Looking Skin
- Take finely powdered almonds and mix them with sandalwood (chandan).
- Add raw milk to this mixture.
- Apply to face, and even to arms and legs before bath.
Can Give You Glowing Skin
- Mix sandalwood with raw milk.
- Apply the mixture onto your face and leave it undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water.
An astringent herb, this is grown in almost every household and is one of the best secrets when it comes to enhancing your natural beauty. Tulsi (Holy Basil) is known as the ‘Queen of Herbs’ and is the one of the most sacred herb in India. It is widely used in culinary practices across the Indian Kitchen. For ages, it is known for its medicinal uses in Ayurveda which makes it an effective remedy for various ailments. It contains a range of natural antioxidants that can help protect the body tissues against free-radical damage. It is mostly consumed in the form – dried, fresh and powdered has several healing properties.
Can Treat Acne And Nourish Your Face
- Take some tulsi leaves and blend them into a paste.
- Add milk to the paste and apply on your face.
Can Help Whiten Your Teeth
- Take a few tulsi leaves.
- Dry and powder them.
- Add orange peel and make it into a paste.
- Rub the paste on your teeth.
Yogurt, or Dahi as it is more popularly known as, is touted as a cure for every possible stomach ailment. It is also an integral part of the cuisines in several parts of India, as well as the world. But have you ever wondered what more it can do for you? The presence of zinc is what makes curd a favourite when it comes to enhancing beauty. Yogurt, also known as ‘Perugu‘ in Telugu, ‘Thayir‘ in Tamil, ‘Thairu‘ in Malayalam, ‘Doyi’ in Bengali, and ‘Dahi’ in Gujarati, has numerous benefits to offer, and not just for your health. To know more about how yogurt can better your skin and hair, read on.
Can Help Get Rid Of Dry Hair In Winters
- Take 2 beaten eggs and 2 tablespoons of almond oil.
- Mix these with half a cup of curd.
- Apply the paste to scalp as well as hair and cover your head with a plastic cap. This nourishes your hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash with shampoo.
Can Help Make Your Hair Silky
- Take lemon juice, eggs and honey and make a rich paste.
- Mix the paste with curd and apply to your hair.
- Wash your hair after 30 minutes.
10. Besan (Gram Flour / Chickpea Flour)
Also called gram flour, this is a common name in every Indian household and holds cure for many beauty ailments. Gram flour is a versatile ingredient. It fights pimples, removes tan, and reduces the oiliness of skin and moisturizes it too. It can be mixed with a variety of ingredients to clean and nourish your hair, make it shiny, help it grow, and remove dandruff. Its high nutrient and fiber content improves your cholesterol levels, fights fatigue, regulates your blood pressure, controls diabetes, and strengthens your bones.
Can Help Cure Blemishes
- Take required amount of cucumber juice and mix it with besan.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
Can Help Brighten Your Skin
- Take 4 – 5 powdered almonds, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Mix all these with besan to form a paste.
- Apply it on your face and keep it for 30 minutes before washing.
Beautiful skin and gorgeous hair is not an impossible deal. All this can be easily achieved right from the comfort of your kitchen! So what should you do if you want stunning looks? Keep calm and walk into your kitchen! Did we miss out any ancient Indian beauty secrets here, if so please do share with us in the comments section.