Akshaya Tritiya – Akha Teej history – imperishable or eternal
Akshaya Tritiya – Akha Teej – April 28,2017 (Friday)
Akshaya Tritiya – Akha Teej – 28th April 2017 also known as Akha Teej. Looking for when is Akshaya Tritiya – Akha Teej (अक्षय तृतीया) in 2017? In 2017 will be observed on Friday ,28th April. Akshaya Tritiya is most holy and auspicious day for Hindu and Jain. This highly auspicious day which falls on the 3rd day after no moon ie., amavaasi in month of Vaishaka. As per Hindu astrology each second on the this holi day is auspicious. It is said that that day there is no need to look for Muhurtha or Muhurut .The word “Akshaya” means imperishable or eternal – that which never diminishes
Akshaya Tritiya – AkhaTeej (अक्षय तृतीया) history – ushering infinite auspiciousness
According to ancient history and mythology this auspicious day marks a lot of important incidents -legends associated with the day
- Lord Parasurama’s birthday and the 6th incarnation of Lord Vishnu happened on this day
- Lord Veda Vyasa and Lord Ganesh started writing the epic Mahabharata on this day
- This is also believed to be the day when Panadavas discovered weapons under the earth which made them victorious against the Kauravas.
- It was on this day, Kubera received his wealth and the position as custodian of wealth and property along with Goddess Lakshmi, by praying to Lord Shiva at Shivapuram.
- Gold and gold jewelry bought and worn on this day signify never diminishing good fortune.
- Sudama visited Lord Krishna on this day.
What to Do On Akshay Tritiya ? – Activities Performed on this Day
- Puja’s performed on this day
Deeds such as Japa,Tapa,Dana,Snaana,sacrifices,homa are performed during this day In charity or donation medicinal rice,ghee,tamarind,fruits,clothes are given
Chandana daanam: Just like others mentioned above, donation of Sandalwood protects the donor from untimely accidents and inauspicious.
Udakumbha Daanam: Giving water contained in a bronze or silver vessel along with camphor, saffron, basil leaves (Tulasi) and betel nut assures one of having their desires fulfilled soon. Those who seek a suitable life partner, want to have a child and want to get rid of ancestral curses (Pitru Shraap) must perform this charity on Akshaya Tritiya.
Thamboolam: Giving Thamboolam or betel leaf invites prosperity into one’s life. Thamboolam epitomizes spiritual strength and prosperity. It is believed that the betel leaf was produced during the churning of the ocean aimed at extracting amrita, nectar and the leaf is also the abode of all the demigods.
But nowadays, Akshaya Tritiya – Akha Teej is associated with gold purchase and many people wait for the day to make investments in gold.