Arrowroot Porridge or Koova podi Kurukku
How to make a healthy and nutritious Arrowroot Porridge or Koova podi Kurukku?
Arrowroot powder or Koova podi is a white coloured flour extracted from the roots of arrowroot plants. It’s one of the easily digestible flours known to humans. Arrowroot powder is extensively used in the preparation of cookies, biscuits and crackers. As it is an easily digestible flour, baby foods contain arrowroot powder as an important ingredient. It can have a cooling effect on the body. In Ayurveda, it is used for the treatment against bowel diseases. The nutritional presence in this flour can create a healthy balance in the stomach and cures diarrhoea. Food materials prepared from this flour can be used as an important food for sick and elderly people. Porridge prepared using arrowroot powder or Koova podi can be used against excessive body heat and diarrhoea. The use of Jaggery (Sarkkara) or palm sugar (Karipatti, Panam Sarakara) imparts a sweet taste. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of nutritious and easily digestible arrowroot porridge.
Ingredients required for making Arrowroot poridge or Koova podi kurukku
- 2 tablespoon of arrowroot powder or Koova podi
- 100ml of water + 1 glass of water
- 1-2 teaspoon Grated jaggery or Palm sugar (Optional)
Method of preparation
- Take out 2 tablespoon of arrowroot powder or Koova podi in a bowl.
- Pour 100ml of water and mix it thoroughly to form a batter.
- Keep this batter aside.
- Heat some water in a pan and add the grated jaggery or palm sugar.
- Once it turns to a dark brown coloured solution, switch off the flame and keep the jaggery solution aside.
- Take out 1 glass of water in a pan and heat it in a medium flame.
- Heat the water to a boil and reduce the heat to a low-medium flame.
- Pour in the batter and keep on stirring the contents.
- Also, add the jaggery or palm sugar solution for a sweet taste.
- Heat the solution and continue stirring to form a semi-thick solution.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the contents to a serving bowl.
- Have it for a healthy digestion.