Stuffed Eggplant with chicken and vegetables
Stuffed Egg plant – Tasty and spicy
Looking for a flavorful food using eggplant ? Then try this baked eggplant dish that’s stuffed with chicken and vegetables.
Stuffed Egg plant – For the stuffing ingredients
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Onions – 2 medium,finely chopped
- Garlic cloves – 3 crushed
- Carrot – 1 large,finely chopped
- Red capsicum – 1 large,finely chopped
- Celery – 2 finely chopped
- Chicken minced – 750 gm
- Diced tomatoes – 400 gm
- Chicken stock – 1 cup
- Tomato paste – 2 tbsp
- Brinjal – 4 large
- Olive oil
- Shredded fresh basil leaves – 2/3 cup (keep a few for garnishing)
- Parmesan cheese – 1 cup grated
Stuffed Egg plant Preparation
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic,carrot, capsium and celery
- Cook ,stirring for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Add chicken mince. Cook,stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the mince, for 5 minutes or until browned
- Add tomatoes, stock and tomato paste
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low,cover with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened
- Meanwhile ,preheat over to 180 degree c
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pierce eggplant several times with fork
- Spray all over with oil
- Place on prepared tray
- Bake for 40 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly
- Cut eggplants in half lengthways. Using a spoon, scoop flesh from the egg plant halves,leaving a one cm border
- Fine chop the scooped flesh of brinjal
- Combine mince mixture, shredded basil and chopped brinjal in medium bowl
- Place brinjal halves on baking tray
- Spoon the prepared mince mixture into brinjal
- sprinkle with parmesan Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through
- Serve sprinkled with basil leaves