Aval milk or Sweet Poha milk
Preparation of simple Aval milk or Sweet Poha milk
Aval milk or Sweet Poha milk is one a delicious drink popular among the people from the Malabar region of Kerala. Aval (flattened rice), milk, small bananas and nuts are the essential ingredients used for this preparation. Red coloured aval or flattened rice is usually used for this recipe. As per the availability, roasted white poha can also be used instead of red coloured aval. The use of milk would increase the flavour and provides a whitish texture. Inclusion of ripe small bananas (Poovan Pazham) would provide a natural sweet flavour. Few tablespoons of sugar is also used for an increased taste. Have a look at the list of ingredient used and the preparation of Aval milk or Sweet Poha milk.
Ingredients used for Aval milk or Sweet Poha milk
- ¼ glass of Aval
- 2-3 ripe small bananas (Poovan Pazham)
- ½ glass of milk
- Sugar for a sweet taste
- 1 tablespoon of Cherry
- Roasted peanuts for garnishing
- Roasted Cashew Nuts
Preparation of Aval milk or Sweet Poha milk
- Boil the milk and keep aside for cooling. Once it is cooled to the room temperature, keep it in a refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Wash the Aval or poha in clean water. Drain it and keep it aside for 10 minutes for moistening.
- Peel off the small ripe bananas and grind it in a mixer for few seconds.
- Transfer this to the glass and add the moisturised red aval or poha.
- Now, mix the sugar with the milk and pour it over the poha.
- Top it with roasted peanuts, cashew nuts and cherries.
- Use a spoon and gently mix the contents. Serve this cold Aval milk as a refresher.