Boiled Bamboo rice , Mulayari Kanji, Moongil Arisi kanji
How to make nutritious Boiled Bamboo rice, Mulayari Kanji, Moongil Arisi kanji?
Bamboo rice, Mulayari or Moongil Arisi is a highly nutritive rice variety which is often considered to have medicinal values. They are collected from tropical rain forests and can be used as a substitute for white paddy rice. Bamboo trees are considered to be the tallest herb variety which is usually seen in tropical rain forests. Some of the bamboo species blooms with flowers once 40-60 years and often die after flowering. Bamboo rice is not commonly available due to the reason that it takes many years for an aged plant to flower, which is unpredictable as these may vary from few years to 100 years. The bamboo rice goes very well with the South Indian recipes like rasam and curd. According to Ayurveda, these rice variety helps in removing toxic substances from the body. Rich protein content helps in controlling back pain, joints pain and rheumatic pain. It also aids in controlling blood sugar, vitamin deficiency, cholesterol and Blood pressure. Let’s have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of Mulayari Kanji or Bamboo rice Kanji.
Ingredients required for making Bamboo rice or Mulayari Kanji
- 3-4 tablespoon of bamboo rice
- Water as per the requirement
- Salt as per the taste
Method of preparation of Bamboo rice or Mulayari Kanji
- Wash the bamboo rice in clean water for 2-3 times.
- Soak the rice in clean water for about 6-7 hours.
- Drain the water and transfer the rice to a cooker.
- Pour 2 glass of water and add some salt for the taste. Close the lid of the cooker.
- Place the cooker on a medium flame. Once the vapour starts to come through the opening, keep the weight.
- Wait till three whistles and take it out from the flame.
- When the pressure is reduced, take out the weight and open the lid.
- Transfer the kanji to a serving bowl.
- Serve it hot with chutney, pickle or any other recipes.