Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti or Jackfruit seed stir-fry
Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti or Jackfruit seed stir-fry is a tasty recipe served as a side dish for rice.
During the summer season, jackfruits and mangoes were the readily available fruits in Kerala. Matured and unripe jackfruits are used for making various delicious recipes. Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti or Jackfruit seed stir fry has a light brown colour. The use of turmeric powder will give a yellowish colour and the nutritious benefits. Red chilli powder is added for a spicy flavour. The presence of shallots and curry leaves increases the taste and aroma. Let’s have a look at the detailed description about the ingredients used and the method of preparation of spicy Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti or Jackfruit seed stir fry.
Ingredients required for making Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti or Jackfruit seed stir fry
- 1 cup of sliced jackfruit seeds
- 3 medium sized shallots (sliced pieces)
- A sprig of curry leaves
- A pinch of mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped ginger pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 3 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Salt as per the taste
Good quality natural spices, dry fruits, jackfruit products etc are available for sale on natureloc.com
Method of preparation of Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti or Jackfruit seed stir fry
- Scrape the outer skin of jackfruit seeds and slice it into small pieces.
- Heat some water in a pan and add the sliced jackfruit seeds. Also, add the salt for the taste and the turmeric powder.
- Cover the lid of the pan and cook the jackfruit seeds for some time. Once the jackfruit seeds are cooked and become soft, switch off the flame and drain the water.
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan and add the mustard seeds. Once the seeds splutter, add the sliced shallots and saute it for few minutes.
- Once the shallots are fried to a transparent texture, add the cooked jackfruit seeds.
- Also, add the chilli powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and chopped ginger pieces.
- Stir fry the mixture or the contents and once the jackfruit seeds become crisp and attains a brown colour, add the curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Remove from the flame and transfer the contents to a serving bowl.
- Serve it hot with as a side dish for rice.