Chicken rice congee – Rice Porridge
Congee is a type of rice porridge popular in many Asian countries. When eaten as plain rice congee,it is most often served with side dishes.
When additional ingredients such as chicken,meat,fish,and flavourings are added while preparing the congee,it then becomes a meal on its own.
- Long grain rice – 3/4
- Water – 5 cups
- Chicken stock – 2 cup
- Salt -1tsp
- Chicken boiled – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1
- Diced bottle gourd – 1/2 cup
- Garlic clove -1
- Spring onions – 1
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 2tsp
- Salt as per taste
- In a large pot, bring the water and rice to a boil.
- When the rice is boiling,turn the heat down to medium low
- Place the lid on the pot,tilting it to allow steam to escape(the same as you would do when making cooked rice)
- Cook on medium low to low heat,stirring occasionally,until then rice has the thick,creamy texture of porridge
- Add salt,taste and add seasoning if desired
- While the rice is cooking roast the vegetables.
- In a pan,heat oil,add ginger and garlic paste,spring onions,chicken,carrot,bottle gourd and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the vegetables in cognee and cook until the mixture attains the consistency of loose porridge.
- Serve hot and garnish with coriander leaves
Buy baby foods natural home made kannan kaya powder,banana powder,banana slices order online from www.natureloc.com