Classic Spinach Pie Greek – Spanakopita Recipes
Classic Spinach Pie (Greek ) called Spanakopita
Traditional Greek food involved a lot of fruits and vegetables,beans,lentils and fish – making it one the healthiest cuisines in the world. But there are also some delicious dishes like the classic spinach pie,called Spanakopita,which is not as healthy but absolutely delicious
- Spinach – 50gms
- Red Onions chopped – 2 nos
- Garlic – 2 cloves crushed
- Feta cheese – 200 gms
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Butter – 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Filo pastry – 4 sheets
- In a pan, fry the onion in butter. add garlic once brown
- Add the spinach and cook till wilted
- Cool and mix in eggs,cheese,salt and pepper. Keep aside
- Heat the oven 200 degrees. In a baking tray, lay down a filo pastry sheet,brush with butter.
- Layer the remaining sheets,applying butter at each level.
- Add the spinach filling and fold over excess pastry to cover.
- Coat the top with more butter and draw lines to let out steam
- Bake for 30 minutes . Cut into pieces and serve.