Fish Pickle Meen Achaar Recipes-How to prepare fish pickle at home?
Fish Pickle Recipes Meen Achaar
How to prepare fish pickle at home?
Fish Pickle (Meen Achar) മീൻ അച്ചാർ is another yummy Kerala seafood delicacy. Fish pickle (Meen Achar) is a traditional recipe made with any type of fish. Very easy to prepare and tastes really good. Perfect with rice,chappathi etc..,
What are the ingredients we need to prepare fish pickle?
- 1 kg boneless fish pieces
- 10- 12 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, sliced
- 4-5 small green or red chilies
- 1 ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground fenugreek
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- ¾ cup oil (gingely oil preferred)
- ½ cup vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 3-4 sprigs curry leaves
- Salt to taste
Preparation method fish pickle recipes
- Wash and clean the fish pieces
- Place the fish pieces in a bowl and add the turmeric powder and red chilli powder along with some salt
- Mix well and set aside
- Marinate fish pieces for half an hour.
- To make the fried fish, heat oil in a pan, and shallow fry the pieces until golden brown.
- In the remaining oil, add mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds
As soon as the mustard seeds start to pop, add the ginger garlic paste.
- Saute and lower the heat
- Now reduce the flame, and add ground turmeric, ground fenugreek, and red chili powder. Pour in ½ cup vinegar. Cover with a lid, and bring to a boil.
- Add the fried fish, mix well, and add more salt as needed
*For more color and less heat, add Kashmiri chili powder.
*If you want more sauce, add boiled and cooled water.