Flax seeds chutney powder
How to make delicious and spicy Flax seeds chutney powder?
Flax seeds are taken from flax, which is one of the oldest fibre crops in the world. They are one of the natural sources of healthy fibres, fats and antioxidants. Brown and yellow or golden coloured seeds were the two main cultivated varieties of flax seeds. The vegetable oil (flax seed oil) extracted from flax seeds are known to be one of the oldest commercial oils in the world. Flax seeds are also one of the natural sources of omega-3 fatty acid. This omega-3 fatty deposits in flax seeds can play a major role in preventing colon, prostate and breast cancers. Also, the nutritional components in these seeds would control the cholesterol levels in the body. It is advisable for diabetic patients to include flax seeds in their diet. These seeds can be used to make several delicious recipes, have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of chutney powder using flax seeds.
Ingredients used for making flax seed chutney powder
- 1/2 cup of flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of skinned, unsalted and roasted groundnuts
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 10 pieces of kokum
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- Salt for the taste
Method of preparation of flax seed chutney powder
- Take out a frying pan and heat it on a medium flame.
- Once it is hot, add the cloves and heat it for few minutes. When the raw smell diminishes, take it out from the flame and keep it aside.
- Wash the flax seeds in clean water and grind it to a fine powder. Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Grind the sesame seeds to a fine powder. (Be careful in doing so, as it takes very less time for the sesame seeds to become a paste.)
- Now, grind the ground nuts, kokum, garlic cloves and salt. Once it forms a powdered mixture, take it out and transfer it to a bowl.
- To this bowl add the powdered sesame seeds and flax seeds. Using a spoon, mix all the contents. Taste the salt and add it according to your requirement.
- Serve it with rice or store it in an airtight container for later use.