How to make vegetable noodles at home?
Vegetable noodles is one of a popular recipe prepared with several vegetable combinations
All of us have tasted vegetable noodles with some tomato sauce or Manchurian recipes. Here is an easy veg noodles recipe which can be prepared at home. This will have a slightly different taste from what you had from different shops. Vegetables used can be of your choice and the noodles should be of good quality. We can make use of chili sauce or black pepper powder for a spicy flavour. As in the case of any stir fried recipes, we should have a high heat and the ingredients have to be stirred and tossed continuously. It’s better to use a pan or a wok with long handles, as it would be easy for us to hold and lift the ingredients. Small quantity of soy sauce is used for the taste. Have a look ingredients used and method of preparation of this simple veg noodles recipe.
Ingredients used for making vegetable noodles
- 150 grams of Chinese noodles
- 1 medium sized carrot cut into short, thin strips.
- 3 medium sized spring onions, chopped to fine pieces
- 9 finely chopped french beans
- 1 finely chopped Capsicum or green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped to fine pieces)
- 1/2 inch ginger piece chopped to fine pieces
- 2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped celery or coriander
- 1-2 teaspoon of oil for stir frying
- Black pepper powder for a spicy flavour
- Salt for the taste
Method of preparation of vegetable noodles
- Heat some water in a pan, add some salt and few drops of oil. Heat it to a boil and add the noodles.
- Stir the noodles and cook the noodles in such a way that it remains just cooked.
- When the noodles are ready, drain it using a sieve and rinse the noodles in fresh water.
- Drain the noodles and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan or wok. Keep the flame in medium state and add the ginger and garlic pieces. Stir fry the pieces for few seconds.
- Add the chopped spring onion pieces and increase the flame to a high state.
- Stir fry the onions to a translucent colour and add the vegetables like capsicum, carrots and french beans.
- Stir fry and toss the contents in a high flame.
- Once the veggies are almost cooked (that is the vegetables should retain some crunchiness), add the soy sauce, pepper powder, celery and salt.
- Stir the contents and add the cooked noodles. Toss the contents and mix the veggies with the noodles. Stir fry the contents for few minutes.
- Switch off the flame and taste for salt. Add the salt, pepper powder and soy sauce as per the taste.
- Serve it hot with tomato sauce, some black bean sauce or some Manchurian recipes.