Jackfruit Payasam Recipe | Easy Homemade Chakka Payasam Recipe
Jackfruit Payasam or Chakka Payasam has a unique flavor and a delicious taste, unlike many other payasams. By adding dry fruits for garnish, the taste of jackfruit payasam is improved drastically. It also makes use of grated coconut for coconut milk. Good quality ghee is used for its unique aroma and roasting the dry fruits. Cardamom powder is also used in this recipe. Given below is a list of ingredients used and on how to prepare Jackfruit Payasam.
Jackfruit Payasam Recipe
- few dry fruits for garnishing
- In a thick bottom pan add ghee and melt it on medium flame. Once the ghee is hot, add few cashews and roast it. After completing transfer the content in a bowl and keep it aside. Add the grated coconut and roast it until the golden brown color.
- In a pan, add the jackfruit pulp, jaggery powder and roasted cashews and cook for about 10 mins. Make sure the mixture is thick.
- Once the mixture is thick enough, add coconut milk, cardamom powder and mix well. Allow the milk to boil. Simmer both milk and jackfruit mixture for about 10 mins.
- Once its cooked, switch off the flame and garnish with dry fruits and serve hot.