Kerala Prawn Curry Recipe | Chemmeen Curry | Indian Recipes | NatureLoC
Kerala Prawn Curry
Prawn Curry is a dish that overlaps Goan and Mangalorean-style dishes, all coastal Indian communities famous for their cuisine. A bowl of plain white rice could not taste better than how they tastes with prawn curry. Take 5-6 garlic cloves, onions, coconut, coriander seeds and grind them to get a fine paste. Add water and dump the prawns till they cook through and through.
Dried Prawns are sun-dried and shrunk to a thumbnail size. They are used in many Asian cuisines, imparting a unique taste. A handful of shrimp is generally used for dishes. Used in curries, soup’s and various Indian recipies. It is also considered as best aquarium fish food.
Kerala Prawn Curry Recipe
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time:
- Total Cook Time:
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Vegetable Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Small Prawns – 500gm
- Tomatoes – 2 (sliced)
- Onion – 2 (sliced)
- Green Chili – 3 to 4 (slit)
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
For the spice paste:
- Coconut – 1 (grated)
- Onion – 1 (sliced)
- Garlic – 5 to 6 (cloves)
- Coriander Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Cambodge (Kodampuli) – 8 to 10 dry pieces
- Dried Red Chili – 10 to 15
- Take all the ingredients, grind it and make a paste, sprinkling a bit of water if needed.
- In a pan, heat oil, add onions and green chilli, saute till light brown color.
- Now add the spice paste and stir for about 5 mins on medium heat.
- Mix in the prawns and coat it well with the paste.
- Pour in some water and bring it to a boil.
- Finally add tomatoes and salt, stir it for 2 mins.
- Cover, let it cook for 10 mins on low heat.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.