Madakku san or coconut filled crepe
Madakku san or coconut filled crepe is one of a popular evening snack recipe made of Maida or all purpose flour.
Madakku san is also used as a breakfast recipe at some parts of Kerala. Grated coconut mixture and sugar are the essential ingredients used for making this recipe. Sugar is used as a sweetening agent and it provides a real sweet flavour. Crushed cardamom pods and cumin seeds are added for a distinctive natural flavour. This delicious and sweet recipe is served to students in the evenings, when they come home hungry after school. Kids like this recipe for its softness and a sweet taste. It is one of the easy snack varieties and would take only 20 minutes for its preparation. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of Madakku san.
Ingredients used for making delicious Madakku san or coconut filled crepes
For the batter
- ¾ cup of all purpose flour or Maida
- Water as per the requirement
- Salt for the taste
For the filling
- ¾ cup of grated coconut
- 1-2 tablespoon of sugar (as per the required sweetness, quantity of sugar can be increased or decreased)
- 1 crushed cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon of crushed cumin seeds
Method of preparation of making delicious Madakku san or coconut filled creps
- Take the grated coconut in a mixing bowl and add the sugar, crushed cardamom and cumin seeds.
- Mix it with a spoon to form a sweet mixture. Keep it aside.
- Again, take the flour in a vessel and mix it with water to form a loose batter. Add some salt for the taste.
- Heat a non-stick tava or dosa pan. If you are using dosa pan, paint some oil along the pan and pour in a ladle full of prepared light batter.
- Spread the batter with the outside of the ladle to form a round shaped dosa.
- Once the bottom side is cooked, flip it over so that both sides are cooked to form a light brown coloured dosa.
- When both sides are cooked well, take it out from the flame and place it on a plate.
- Place the fillings on the centre of dosa and spread it gently.
- Fold the dosa to form Madakku san or coconut filled crepes.
- Serve it hot as an evening snack variety or as a breakfast recipe.