Simple Marathon Runners Health Diet Tips You Should Not Miss
Marathon Runners Health Diet Tips
If your a runner, then you should know its not that easy to run long distances in a given period of time. You need to train hard for improving your stamina for these long races, therefore practice is very important. It is very important to practice proper hydration strategies, which is the fuel to the body. With the right kind of diet and exercise, you can easily run long distances. As you train for long-distance runs, you not only find out what your stomach can tolerate, but it also trains your gut to handle more calories and fluids. So, we tell you how to keep up with the new changes and how to be nutritionally nourished during and after the marathon.
Before any marathon race, the runner has to put in fuel in his body, just like we need to add fuel to a car. Mainly it is with slow carbs; i.e complex carbohydrates, as well as energy boosters. Always eat food which are low in the glycaemic index value, moderate in protein and finally low in fat. By doing this you get all the nutrients your body wants for the next few hours. Porridge with fruits, a chicken sandwich, fruits are good options before the run. After the marathon, you tend to experience a muscle breakdown. Hence, your body requires more protein intake along with fluids, especially water. The food should be rich in antioxidants so as to recover from the cell damage caused during the run.
Buy Nuts Online
Buy Natural Kerala Jackfruit Products Online
Given are few Marathon Runners Health Diet Tips:
Few Marathon Runners Health Diet Tips
- Eat foods which give the maximum number of nutrients per calorie. Avoid food with 0 calories.
- Don’t eat too much or go on an empty stomach before the run. Eat a light, energy meal or snack.
- Avoid heavy meals. Eat light meals for every 3 – 4 hours to maintain the energy.
- The controlled input of food will keep you away from hunger and also maintain the blood sugar levels.
- Ensure to get enough protein as it helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and keep you fuller for longer time.
- Aim at consuming protein-rich snacks after 20 mins of workout.
- Add more dairy foods, eggs, soy, barley to your diet.
- Eat a light snack before the training session. Running on empty stomachs will crave you later on the day.
- Carbs are a vital part of your diet; they are a fuel for your muscles. Our body helps to break down the carbs to convert them into glucose, which is then burnt to produce energy.
- Before the marathon race, go for more digestible and high carbs for energy food. Eg: Oatmeal.
- Dietary fat helps the body to absorb the nutrients, and is an important source of energy for exercises.
- When you are running long distances, body needs a backup source fuel, when you run out of carbs. Hence include healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts, lean meat and chicken.
- Fruits and vegetables are the must-haves in your diet. They contain vitamins and minerals, which help your body to recover faster from long-distance runs.
- Limiting your consumption of fibre, especially just before the run, as it sits in your stomach and may cause digestive issues during the long run.
Buy Cast Iron Kitchen Utensils Online
Marathon Runners Health Diet Tips: Foods You Must Eat
- Sweet potatoes
- Whole grains
- Mixed salad
- Leafy vegetables
- Stir-fry veggies
- Mixed berries
Buy Tapioca Products Online
Marathon Runners Health Diet Tips: Foods You Must Avoid
- Fatty or processed foods
- Full fat milk
- Spicy foods
- Sports drinks