Natureloc Natural Coconut Oil Nadan Velichenna
Natureloc Natural Coconut Oil Nadan Velichenna /Nariyal Thel
- Coconut Oil Nadan Velichenna -The history of coconut and coconut products dates back centuries.
- Every household in Kerala has coconut trees, making them an essential part of life.
- Coconut oil/Velichenna was vastly traded by Keralites with Arabs through the ports of Kerala especially Muziris for its cooking as well as therapeutic properties.
- Wooden coconut oil chucks were used to extract oil, run by bullocks or humans.
- These chucks in time changed to metal and finally evolved into electric chucks.
- The coconuts are de-shelled and the flesh of the coconut is sun-dried for a month, which is knows as ‘kopra’.
- After the kopra gets dried, it is collected and sent through a chuck which is now run on electricity.
- After the milling in the chuck, the oil is collected in the bottom, stored, packed and distributed.
- By-products obtained after the extraction is used as cow-feed, making it a 0% waste process.
- Apart from cooking, coconut oil is used for hair care and wellness.
- Used coconut oil is processed and used as ‘lamp burning oil’
- Natural coconut oil is also included in a pet diet for coat shine
Natural Coconut Oil/Nariyal Thel- Wellness
- Coconut oil is used as a base/main ingredient in many hair care products.
- Coconut oil gives a silky-smooth texture to the hair and enriches the roots of the hair.
- Coconut oil massages are a common sight in Kerala, a hot bath after a coconut oil massage, once a week is recommended by Ayurvedic practitioners.
- Coconut oil/jelly is widely considered around the globe for its anti-aging properties.
- It is also used as a mouthwash because of its oil pulling feature.
Coconut Oil/Nariyal Thel & Cooking
- Fish, meat or veggies, it is common to fry it in coconut oil and spices.
- All seafood is fried in coconut oil and curry leaves for a special aroma.
- Coconut oil is also used in the marination.
Banana fry in Coconut Oil/Nariyal Thel
- Kerala snacks are normally fried in coconut oil.
- Banana fry, unniyappams, etc are fried in coconut oil and are considered favourites of the people of Kerala.
- This is found in all tea shops across Kerala, banana fry and chai are a combination here in the State.
Curry- Fish, Meat, Veggies in Coconut Oil/Nariyal Thel
- Kerala Fish Curry/Chicken Curry etc. use coconut oil.
- Natural coconut oil along with spices generates a special aroma that soothes the palate.
- A dash of coconut oil is added to almost all main course dishes in Kerala.