Omelette or Mutta porichathu
Most of us are familiar with the making of this recipe called omelette or Mutta porichathu.
It is one of the first recipes that a person tries to cook, during his/her initial cooking lessons. It takes only 5-6 minutes for making this recipe. This easy recipe contains egg, green chilli, shallots or onion and curry leaves as the essential ingredients. Coconut oil or any other cooking oil can be used for making this recipe. A pinch of salt is added for taste.
The addition of sliced and chopped green chillies would take care of the spicy flavour. Sliced shallot or onion pieces along with the curry leaves give a unique taste. Black pepper powder and ginger can also be added for a different flavour. Eggs from hen, duck, quail etc can be used for making this recipe. Dosa and omelette is one of the famous combination of ‘Thattu kadas’ all along Kerala. Let’s have a look at the ingredients required and the method of preparation of this recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 shallots or 1 onion (sliced and chopped to small pieces)
- 1-2 green chillies ( sliced to small pieces)
- 2 teaspoon of oil
- 3-4 curry leaves.
- Salt as per your requirement.
Method of preparation
- Break the eggs and pour the contents to a bowl.
- Add the ingredients like green chillies, shallots or onion, curry leaves and salt, whisk the contents and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is heated, pour the contents from the bowl.
- When the bottom side is cooked well, turn it upside down so that both sides get cooked in an equal manner.
- When the omelette is cooked, take it from the flame and serve it with rice or dosa.