Prawn Curry Recipe – Dissolve In The Dizzying Taste Of The Prawn Curry
Prawn Curry is a dish that overlaps Goan and Mangalorean-style dishes, all coastal Indian communities famous for their cuisine. A bowl of plain white rice could not taste better than how they tastes with prawn curry. Take 5-6 garlic cloves, onions, coconut, coriander seeds and grind them to get a fine paste. Add water and dump the prawns till they cook through and through.
Dried Prawns are sun-dried and shrunk to a thumbnail size. They are used in many Asian cuisines, imparting a unique taste. A handful of shrimp is generally used for dishes. Used in curries, soup’s and various Indian recipies. It is also considered as best aquarium fish food.
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 2-3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 kg small prawns
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 2 sliced onion
- 3-4 slit green chili
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
For the spice paste:
- 1 grated coconut
- 1 sliced onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 8-10 dry pieces Cambodge (Kodampuli)
- 10-15 dried red chili
- Grind all the ingredients for the paste together, sprinkling a bit of water if needed.
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the onions and green chilli till light brown color.
- Add the spice paste and stir for 5 mins on medium heat.
- Then mix in the prawns and coat well with the paste.
- Pour in some water and bring it to a boil.
- Finally add tomatoes and salt, stir it for 2 mins.
- Cover, let it cook for 10 mins on low heat.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.