Prawn Pollichathu Recipe – Experience The Authentic Flavours Of Malabari Seafood
Prawn Pollichathu is yet another delicacy of God’s Own Country. Kerala is known for it’s seafood delicacies. This dish is presented as a parcel of banana leaf. On opening the parcel, one can find layers of fried prawns and masala. A lipsmacking dish indeed.
Experience the authentic flavours of Malabari seafood seeped into juicy prawns. Prawns are marinated in spices and lime juice, cooked in an array of masalas, herbs and coconut milk.
Kerala styled prawns cooked in lime juice, chilli, turmeric, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeks, ginger, chopped garlic and coconut oil.
Dried Prawns are sun-dried and shrunk to a thumbnail size. They are used in many Asian cuisines, imparting a unique taste. A handful of shrimp is generally used for dishes. Used in curries, soup’s and various Indian recipies. It is also considered as best aquarium fish food.
For Tasty Dish, We Provide You With The Best Dried Prawns, Get Here
Servings: 3 People
Total Cooking Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
- 6 prawns
- Chilli powder
- Turmeric powder
- Lime juice
- 2 tsp coconut oil
Find the right amount of Spices here
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 slit green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 10 uncut shallots
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup fish stock
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
Get all the ingredients here which you are searching for
- Marinate prawns in a mix of chilli powder, turmeric, salt & lime juice, keep for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan and saute; the marinated prawns on a low flame for 5 minutes. Once done, keep aside.
For the main preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard; fenugreek seeds.
- Add curry leaves followed by rest of the ingredients and fish stock. Saute till onions and shallots turn brown color.
- Add prawns and cook covered for 5 minutes. Now remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the gravy to reduce to a semi dry consistency. Cook till the prawns turn dark brown color. Finish it by adding coconut milk, give a final cook for 30 secs.
- Add salt to taste and serve.