Spicy Finger millet flour cake or Ragi ada
Ragi ada or finger millet flour cake can be served as a breakfast recipe as well as an evening snack.
Ragi ada or finger millet flour cake is one of a nutritious and tasty recipe. It can be made of two different flavours, spicy as well as delicate sweet. The use of sliced green chillies will provide a spicy flavour and the use of sugar imparts a sweet taste. The dark brown colour of the recipe is due to the colour of ragi or finger millet flour. As in the case of other flour cakes, the presence of grated coconut increases the taste. You can also include grated carrot pieces for a much-improved softness and taste. It takes about 20 minutes for the preparation of ragi flour cake. This recipe goes well with coconut chutneys and pickles. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of spicy Ragi ada or finger millet flour cake.
Ingredients required for Ragi ada or finger millet flour cake
- 1 and ½ cup of ragi flour
- ½ cup of grated carrot
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped big onions
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves
- 1-2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1½ teaspoon of cooking oil for toasting
- Salt for the taste
- Water as per the need
Method of preparation of Ragi ada or finger millet flour cake
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the chopped onion pieces and green chillies, stir fry the onions to a transparent texture.
- Now, add the grated carrot pieces and saute it till the raw smell disappears.
- Also, add the chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Turn off the flame and once it cools down, add the ragi or finger millet flour.
- Sprinkle some salt for the taste and mix the contents thoroughly.
- Boil some water in a pan and pour it little by little into the flour.
- Using a ladle mix the contents to form a smooth dough.
- Heat a dosa tawa in a low-medium flame and grease it with some oil.
- Wet your hands and take out a lemon sized dough ball from the dough mixture. Keep it on the tawa. Again wet your hand and press it in the shape of a dosa.
- Drizzle some oil on top of the flour cake and flip it so that the bottom side also gets cooked well.
- Once it is ready take it off from the flame and serve it hot with coconut chutney.