Ramacham-Vetiver (Cuscus-Grass) – Therapeutic Uses
Ramacham-Vetiver – Botanical name – Vetiveria zizanioides (L) Nash,Andropogon muricatus Retz –Poaceae
Ramacham in different Indian Languages :
- Sanskrit – Usiram
- Hindi – Khas
- Bengali – Khuskhus
- Tamil – Vetiver
- Telugu – Kuruvera,vettiveru
- Malayalam – Ramacham
Ramacham-Vetiver Grass with fragrant roots
A dense perennial grass with fragrant roots which are yellow-grey and long. The leaves are narrow,long and erect. Fruits are oblong and grain-like.
Vetiver grows abundantly in tropical regions. This plant grows throughout India in the plains and on the hills up to a height of 1200 metres.
Buy Online Ramacham Vetiver Herbal Drinking Water Mix Dahashamani from NatureLoC.com Buy Now
Parts used -Roots
Properties of ramacham vetiver
The roots are bitter,sweet,acrid and refrigerant with an aromatic fragrance. They are diaphoretic,depurative,digestive,carminative,stomachic,constipating,expectorant,diuretic stimulant,tonic and anti-spasmodic.
Buy Online Ramacham Scrubber – Vetiver Scrubber from NatureLoC.com Buy Now
The roots are believed to be effective in curing a wide range of disorders. In South India vetiver is cultivated mainly for the oil.
Ramacham Therapeutic Uses
- Infusion made with the roots is good for treating diarrhoea fever
- Inhaling smoke dried roots can cure cough,bronchitis and hiccoughs,as an expectorant
- Paste of roots can be applied externally to alleviate burning and itching
- External application makes an excellent deodorant
- In ancient times vetiver roots were used as a natural air conditioner. Screens made of vetiver roots were used to cover windows and then sprinkled with water to produce cool,fresh and fragrant air
- Dried roots are used for devotional poojas
ramacham,raamacham,vetiver,vetiver roots,ramacham scrubber,mixed ramacham scrubber,ramacham buy online,natureloc ramacham,natureloc vetiver,ushira,khas,khas roots,khus khus,vettiveru,Ilamichamver,Vattiver, Vettive,Ayurugaddiveru,Kuruveeru,Lamajja Kamuveru,Vettiveellu,Vattiveeru,Vettiveerum,Vidavaliveru