Salted Curd Chillies, Thyre Mulaku, Mor Milagai, Mulaku Kondattam
Salted Curd Chillies, Thyre Mulaku, Mor Milagai
Many of us have already heard about Salted Curd Chillies, Thyre Mulaku, Mor Milagai or Mulaku Kondattam, for those who haven’t heard of this spicy recipe, this post would be a simple way to know about this unique South Indian delicacy. Thyre Mulaku or Mor Milagai is nothing but ready to fry salted curd chillies with a hot spicy and salted flavour. Each of them has a light golden brown texture and soft spongy appearance. On frying, they become crunchy with a dark brown colour and goes well with hot steaming rice. Green chillies along with sour curd and adequate amount of salt are the essential ingredients for making Mor Milagai. Have a look at the quantity of ingredients used and the method of preparation of Thyre Mulake.
- 30 Green chillies
- 1 cup of sour Curd
- 3 teaspoon of Salt
Method of preparation
- Wash these green chillies in running water and keep it aside.
- Once the water gets fully dried, use a sharp knife and slit open the chillies so that the salt and curd would get absorbed to the inside portion. Keep it aside.
- Take the curd in a wide open mixing bowl and whisk it well.
- Add the chillies and sprinkle the salt over it, mix it well.
- Keep it overnight, take out the chillies in the morning and spread it on a plate.
- Place it in sunlight for the whole day. Again, soak the chillies in the curd and keep it overnight.
- On the next day, take off the chillies from the curd and keep it in sunlight for drying.
- Repeat this process for about 4 days and sundry the chillies for a week (depends on the sunlight you receive).
- Once it is completely dried, store it in an airtight container for later use.
Frying the curd chillies
- Heat some oil in a deep frying pan or a Tawa.
- Once the oil is hot, take out some salted curd chillies and add it for frying.
- Fry it to a crispy state with a dark brown texture.
- Once it is fried take it off from the oil and keep it on a tissue so that the excess oil gets removed.
- Serve these crispy chillies with curd rice or hot steaming rice.