Simple and spicy tomato soup recipe
Simple and spicy homemade tomato soup recipe
Tomato soup is a tasty recipe which can be made within 30 minutes. It is prepared by pressure cooking the sliced tomato pieces with carrots, onions and a unique blend of spices to form a light red coloured soup delicacy. The real flavour of carrots, cinnamon and garlic would blend in well with the presence of black pepper powder and bay leaves. The use of corn flour would increase the concentration and provides a substance to the soup. Ripe tomatoes are usually used for this recipe as it would be tasty and would be easily cooked. Having a glass of tomato soup can warm you to your toes and makes you feel like to have a long nap on the couch. Have a look at the list of ingredients used and the way of preparation of this tomato soup.
Ingredients used for making Tomato soup
- 4 big sized ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 onion
- 3 – 4 garlic pods
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-inch cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoon of corn flour
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
Buy good quality Cornflour, Spices, Dry fruits, nuts varieties, Jackfruit products from natureloc.com
Preparation of Tomato soup
- Wash the tomatoes and carrots in clean water.
- Slice the carrots into 3 medium sized pieces.
- Use a knife and peel off the onion scales and chop it into 4 pieces.
- Take out a medium-sized pressure cooker and add the tomatoes, carrots and onion pieces.
- Also, add the garlic pods, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bay leaves.
- Now, add 1½ cups of water and cook it for a minimum of 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure subsides, remove the bay leaf, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon.
- When the vegetables are cooled to the room temperature, transfer these to a mixer and blend it to form a puree.
- Strain the solution through a fine sieve and remove the residue.
- Now, boil the filtered tomato solution with 1½ cups of water.
- In the meantime, take the corn flour in a mixing bowl and add 3 cups of water. Mix it to form a paste of running consistency.
- Pour this corn flour solution to the boiling tomato puree.
- Sprinkle some sugar, pepper powder and salt for the taste.
- Once the soup attains some thickness, switch off the flame and transfer this delicious and spicy tomato soup into the serving bowls.
- Garnish it with some coriander leaves and serve it hot.