Simple homemade chocolates
Simple homemade chocolate recipe
What’s it with Chocolate that makes it the favourite sweet among children and all other age groups? Is it the sweet flavour, the dark brown texture or different shapes that make it popular? Can we make chocolates at home? Is it a simple process? There are many doubts regarding the preparation and the list of ingredients used in chocolate making. Here is a simple recipe which will help you in making delicious and yummy chocolates at home. Cocoa powder is the main ingredient which gives away the dark brown texture and a unique flavour. Sugar for sweet taste, milk powder and butter are the other important ingredients. Since we do not use any preservatives, these cannot be stored for long period of time.
- 5 tablespoons of Cocoa powder
- 1¼ cups of Milk powder
- 2/3 cup of Sugar
- ¼ cup of butter
- ½ cup of water
Method of preparation
- Milk powder and the cocoa powder should be without any lumps. Sieve these powders through a fine sieve, mix it together and keep it aside.
- Heat the water in a boiling pan and add the sugar. Bring it to a boil and reduce the flame.
- Once the sugar syrup reaches a string consistency, add the butter and mix it thoroughly.
- Switch off the flame when the butter fully melts with sugar syrup.
- Now, add the mixture of cocoa powder and milk powder. Mix it well to a glossy solution.
- Grease the chocolate mould and pour the chocolate mixture. If you use wider bowls, it would take more time for it to get set.
- Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes as it would allow the mixture to get set.
- Cover the mould or the bowl with a polythene sheet or cling wrap. Keep it in a refrigerator for 1 hour. The polythene sheets would prevent any ice formations on top of the chocolate.
- Once it is ready, take it from the refrigerator, gently remove the mould and tap it gently.
- Chocolates would come out easily. Thus, sweet and delicious chocolates are ready.