Simple Oats Idli Recipe
Simple Oats Idli Recipe
Simple Oats Idli is a spongy soft and fluffy breakfast recipe which is gaining popularity across South India. As in the case of normal idli, oats idli can also be served with chutney and Sambar. This dish would be an ideal pick, if you are looking to include oats dishes in your diet. Oats as we know is rich in natural fibres and can play a part in reducing the harmful cholesterol levels in our body. People who are looking to reduce their body weight and the ones with diabetic problems would also benefits by the use of oats. Along with oats, whole wheat rava or semolina is also used as an ingredient. Curd or yogurt is also an important ingredient and is mixed with powdered oats and rava. Have a look at the list of ingredients used and the method of preparation of this Simple Oats idli dish.
- 1 cup of Oats
- ½ cup of Rava / Sooji
- ¼ cup of Curd / Yogurt
- Water as per the need
- Salt for the taste
- A pinch of baking soda
- ¼ cup of chopped carrot bits, beans and peas.
- ½ teaspoon of Mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of Jeera / Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon of freshly grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of Urad dal (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of Urad dal (optional)
- A pinch of finely chopped ginger
- Oil for greasing
- A pinch of Hing / Asafoetida
- 1-2 finely sliced green chillies
- A sprig of curry leaves
- Chopped Coriader leaves
Method of Preparation
- Take the oats in a mixer and ground it to fine powder.
- Heat a pan in low-medium flame and pour in some oil. Now, add the mustard seeds and cumin.
- Stir fry it to a golden brown texture and add the curry leaves, hing and ginger.
- Now, add the rava and fry it for some time to get a natural aroma.
- Add the oats powder and continue frying until aromatic. Sprinkle some salt for the tatse and mix it well.
- Once it gets cooled completely, pour in some water and curd. Mix it well to a thick batter. Keep it aside for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry the idli plates. Add a pinch of baking soda.
- Check the consistency of the batter, bring it to an Idli batter consistency by adding some water..
- Now, fill the greased idli plates with the batter.
- Keep it in an idli cooker and cook it for 11-12 minutes. When the idli is cooked, switch off the flame.
- Once the idli gets cooled, remove them from the idli plates with the use of spoon.
- Serve it hot with Chutney and Sambar.