Sweet and cold Badam, Pista milk
Almonds, Pista, Saffron strands and milk are the essential ingredients used for this recipe.
Badam Pista milk is a refreshing cold drink with a delicious sweet flavour. The use of few Saffron strands adds up the taste and nutritional content. As we all know, Almonds or Badam is rich in nutritional contents like calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, iron and vitamin E. As per many of the studies, a handful of almonds a day can promote better heart health and prevents weight gain. The pistachios presence in this milk will be a source of Vitamin B 6, essential for the production of hemoglobin. It also stabilizes a healthy vision, controls the cholesterol levels and plays a role in reducing diabetics. Have a look at the ingredients used and the method of preparation of sweet and cold Badam, Pista milk.
Good quality Almonds or Badam, Pistachios or pista and other nuts varieties are available for sale on natureloc.com
Ingredients required for the preparation of Badam Pista milk
- 4 cups of milk
- 13-15 almonds or badam
- ¼ tablespoon of Pistachios or Pista
- Few saffron strands
- ¼ tablespoon of cardamom powder
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Water as per the requirement
Method of preparation of Badam Pista milk
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan, bring it to boil.
- Continue heating in low flame, even after milk boils.
- Meanwhile, take 1 litre of water in another boiling pan. Heat it and add the Pistachios/Pistas and the Almonds/Badams.
- Continue the heating until the almonds expand.
- Once it expands, switch off the flame and drain off the water.
- Wash the nuts using cold water. Now remove the outer skin of almonds and pistachios.
- Grind the nuts in to a fine paste and add these into the milk, stir it well with a spoon.
- Also, add the Saffron strands, cardamom powder and the sugar. Mix it really well.
- Continue heating the milk in a low flame for few more minutes.
- Once the milk becomes a little thicker, turn off the flame and transfer the contents to a bowl.
- Cool it in a refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Serve it as cold Badam, Pista milk.